Another Useless Monday

*sigh* And so another Monday is half-over & I have done nothing, writing-wise. Now, don't get me wrong, I've done a little hobby writing throughout the summer & during September, poked around a few of my Works-in-Edits, and jotted down little ideas & story notes, but I've gotten nothing that I actually need to work on written. Nada, zip, zilch.

It's not always my fault (I swear, my baby daughter is psychic- every time I sit down to write anything new, she must sense it, because she chooses that moment to climb up into my lap & because she has the habit of trying to type at the keyboard, I can't continue), family obligations & children's schools being what they are, but I'd be lying if I didn't take some of the responsibility, myself. I just lack the drive to write some days. It sucks. I know I should have the sense of commitment to sit my but in this seat and write-write anything, JUST WRITE- but I sit down, open the file folder and then . . .  what I want to work on, what I am in the mood to write totally eludes me.

I know other writers can sympathize- from what I've heard, we all go through this from time to time- and non-writers either think writing books is difficult as it is, or think writing is no big deal, and writer's block is just an excuse we make 'cause we're being too lazy to even 'think up stuff', and how hard can that be?

I feel the disconnect and the general sense of 'blah' fading, slowly. I feel the passion & drive for crafting stories coming back, but damn. Writer's block hits you BAM, all at once. It would be nice if it could fall away all at once, too, instead of in stages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Note About Social Anxiety

Friday Flip-Out: 50 Shades of WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

Friday Flip Out: Twilight & the Kristen Stewart Fiasco